Here you can find my academic publications, my dissertation, and some book reviews. For a more detailed overview of my academic and related activities, see my CV.
- Together with Niels van Miltenburg, Dawa Ometto, and Thomas Müller: Causality and Determination, Powers and Agency: Anscombean Perspectives. Introduction to the Topical Collection. Forthcoming in Synthese.
- Absolute Idealist Powers. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 100(3): 471–84.
- 'Animals run about the world in all sorts of paths': Varieties of Indeterminism. Synthese 199: 11945–61.
- The Limits of Reductionism: Thought, Life, and Reality. In: Passon, Oliver & Christoph Benzmüller (2021). Wider den Reduktionismus. Heidelberg: Springer Spektrum, Chapter 4. (Winning essay of the 2019 Kurt Gödel Award.)
- See also the lecture I gave at the Colloquium for awarding the Kurt Goedel Prize on 6.1.2021: Unity Without Reductionism: A Progression.
- Varieties of Power. Axiomathes 31(1): 45–61.
- Together with C.W.M. Naastepad: How do we judge the responsibility (or otherwise) of research and innovation? Capital, Aristotle, and the neglected factor: freedom. In Ortt, J. Roland, et al. (Eds.), Responsible Innovation in Large Technological Systems. London: Routledge: 138–156.
- Together with Olaf M. Dekkers: When will individuals meet their personalized probabilities? A philosophical note on risk prediction. European Journal of Epidemiology 35(12): 1115–1121.
- The Limits of Humeanism. European Journal for Philosophy of Science 8: 671–687.
- Together with C.W.M. Naastepad: Robots and Us: Towards an Economics of the ‘Good Life’. Review of Social Economy 76(3): 302–334.
- Why Intentions? Ratio 31(S1): 51–64.
- De eenheid van een gedachte. Over de samenhang van logica en metafysica. ANTW 109(1): 145–60. (In Dutch)
- Two Fundamentally Different Perspectives on Time. Axiomathes 27(3): 295–320. (You can read the full text here.)
- A Seeming Problem for Higher-Order Theories of Consciousness. Dialogue 55(3): 449–65.
- Defining Original Presentism. Kriterion 30(2): 29–60.
- A Vital Challenge to Materialism. Philosophy 91(2): 153–82. Winning essay of the 2015 Philosophy Essay Prize Contest.
- The Essentialist Inference. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 91(4): 755–69.
- What Generates the Realism/Anti-Realism Dichotomy?. Philosophica 84: 49–80.
2018: Review of Sebastian Rödl: Self-Consciousness and Objectivity. Ethical Perspectives 25(1): 165-70. Together with Niels van Miltenburg and Dawa Ometto.
2015: Review of Josh Weisberg: Consciousness. Ethical Perspectives 22(4): 740-3.
2015: Review of Michael Bratman: Shared Agency. Ethical Perspectives 22(2): 336-41.
2014: Conceptual Realism. The Structure of Metaphysical Thought. Cum laude defended on June 18, 2014.